Saturday, September 3, 2011

Goodbye to one-hello to another.

Well for some reason blogger isn't allowing me to respond to my own comments on my own blog. Weird. Thank you Mrs. M for your nice comment. Unfortunately I didn't get the bankruptcy processor position, but I'm kind of ok with it. In the meantime, I got a call from a staffing agency here in town. I went to the agency and took a couple of tests. They applied to two law firm jobs that are temp to hire on my behalf. I called back on Friday but since it's Labor day weekend they didn't hear anything back from any of the firms yet. I have to call back in a couple of days after the holidays.

In other news my fiance is gone for a month and I am going to have little to possibly no contact with him. No text messages, no facebook, MAYBE a phone call or two. So far I haven't had a chance to fall apart and cry myself into oblivion. lol. His best friend is actually getting stationed at the same base that my fiance is at so he is couch surfing for a couple of days until he secures an apartment. It's kind of funny that on the same day that my fiance leaves his friend comes to stay.

I'll be honest I felt really safe knowing that his friend was in the living room sleeping on the couch. I wasn't like "oh no-what if someone breaks in or something. We have several guns in this apartment (not my choice) but I dont even like looking at them let alone touching them. So it was nice to be able to go to bed on the first night that he was gone and not worry. I'm probably going to be scared senseless once his friends leaves in a couple of days.

My goal is to try and keep myself busy. Tonight I'm going with the girl that I know at the apartment complex to see her friend's band an hour away. I have no idea what kind of music it is, but it's better than sitting at home by myself. (Fiance's friend went to the "city" for the night. I say city because coming from Chicago I find it hard to call it a big city lol.

I went grocery shopping for both of us today and managed to save some money with coupons and store card. YAY! Once the friend leaves I think I might try to expand my couponing skills. We'll see though because I don't eat a lot of food and I don't want to spend money on food that I won't end up eating. For any couponers out there-have manufacturer's changed the rules now that many people have gotten onto the extreme couponing bandwagon? Have you noticed changes in store policy? I'd be interested in finding it!

No comments:

Post a Comment