Saturday, September 17, 2011

Waiting for the Pizza Delivery Person (See...I don't discriminate)

Nope. There is no story behind the title of this post. I placed an order from papajohns.com online and now I'm waiting patiently for my large grilled chicken and extra cheese pizza. I'm a little excited for it. Just a little. Coming from Chicago it is almost embarrassing for me to order Papa John's. However, it is kind of slim pickings for Pizza places in the south. Well maybe that is my uneducated opinion of the South's pizza situation. Let's just say that in Fayetteville, NC, there aren't too many choices. We will leave it at that.

This week has gone by pretty quickly. Work went well and the time seemed to fly by. On Friday I received my first pay check in North Carolina. The total was 179.52 after taxes. Granted, it was very small since I get paid nine dollars an hour and only worked 21 hours that week. I work full time but I actually started work on a Wednesday for my first day. This week I worked the full forty hours. I know 9 dollars an hour isn't a lot right now but at least it is a start in the right direction. I get paid every Friday not every other Friday. Besides...I was lucky if I worked 20-30 hours every TWO weeks at 8.25 an hour. I am actually extremely grateful for this job. It makes me so excited to know that I will be able to pay my student loans, my credit card bill, and contribute to the household. I'm going to wait a month to see how much I will make for a month, and then I will create a budget for that! I'm very excited to make my first budget ever!! Yep...you heard that correctly. Oops!

I really need to resist the urge to go and spend my money on more clothes...redecorating the apartment (Trust me-it's a complete mancave right now.,etc. I just don't really feel like I'm a part of this apartment yet besides my books on the bookshelves and my clothes in the closet and the dresser. I didn't really bring any personal touches to the apartment when I moved in. I'm hoping that I can change that slowly in bits and pieces. My fiance has already given me full permission to change the place to my liking. I'm planning on creating a part of my budget to reflect decorating. I think this is a good idea since I don't even really have a clue as to how to decorate the place or what I want to do with it. It will definitely be a work in progress.

I really want to come up with a name to call my fiance instead of just "the fiance." It makes it seem almost like I'm apathetic towards him and that cannot be farther from the truth. He is the best thing that ever happened to me if that doesn't sound too corny. I'm going to put some thought into it and let you know soon (if anyone reads this ) :) Enjoy the rest of your Saturday! Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment