Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I GOT A JOB!!

Just a very quick post to say that I got a job! I got a call for an interview this morning and the interview was at 1 p.m. That was definitely a little nerve wracking because I had absolutely no time to prepare. I was running around like a crazy person this morning. I had to run to kinkos to print out my references (which I didn't end up handing out) and the machines didn't want to work for me. And last night I had agreed to let my neighbor's dogs out at 1 pm since I didn't think that I would have anything going on today. lol. So I let the dog out early and got ready and drove to the interview feeling totally unprepared.

I got to the interview early-like half an hour early. I was like ok no problem- I'll just sit in the six car parking lot try not to look suspicious and go in at ten to 1. Except....one of the workers saw me sitting in my car and asked if I was there for the interview. I said yes but that I was early since I didn't realize it wouldn't take long to get there. So then I had to struggle between do I stay in the car and look awkward but go in at an appropriate time-but then they might be wondering why I'm sitting in the car-or do I go in early and do the awkward 30 minutes early wait. Well the downpour of rain that just started made the decision for me. I went in early. Turns out everything worked out in the end. By the end of the interview I had already been given the job and told that they just had to contact my employment agency. When I got home the agency called me to come in and fill out some paperwork and do a drug test. Everything went well and now I start tomorrow at 9 a.m. It's a temp to hire job and it only starts at 9 dollars an hour but its full time- I'll be working 5 days a week and on Fridays I get a half day. I'm just sooooooooo happy right now. I get to work on paying off my credit card, pay my student loans once they start in a couple of months, start budgeting, start saving for my wedding, and best of all SHOPPING! Not crazy shopping but it has been over a year since I have been shopping for new clothes besides some clothes for my internship that I had and bridesmaid dresses. I'm definitely ready to pick up a few staple items to enhance my wardrobe but I'm going to save and budget for it. Nothing is going on my credit card. I want to pay it off within 4 months.

Let's see what happens! I'm just so happy!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new job!! What an exciting new beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm so excited to at least be working in the field that I went to school for. :)

    ReplyDelete