Monday, September 12, 2011

Receipt strategy and 4 days and I already got a key.

I’ve been working at the Firm for 4 days and they have already givenme (a temp worker) a key to front door of the office. I must be doing something right so far. Last night I mentioned that I had a receipt strategy. Confused? Well of course you are if you have no idea what I am talking about. Alright so I’ve gone to the store twice in two weeks- a standard once a week shopping extravaganza. My fiancé is still on his short deployment training thing in California. Let’s just say that food lasts a LOT longer when it is just me. A LOT . Ok I think you get the point. Anyway, going back to my college days I had a tendency to buy a ton of food and forget about it. Some would remain in the cabinets for months and I would just buy new food. Wow that came off as a me being hoarder-which I totally am not. Most of the food was crackers, soup, macaroni and cheese, you know, the kind of food that can stay in the cabinet for months lol. Anyway, I’ve decided that I really want to start eating what I have before I go out for more food and spend money that I didn’t need to. So how did I decide to do this? Simple. I keep my receipts from the stores. Once I have eaten an item completely for instance-a bag of bagels or a block of cheddar cheese, I highlight the item on the receipt . Yes, you read that correctly. I highlight my receipt from the store. It’s kind of interesting to see what I have eaten during the week and what I have left over. I also know what I need to buy more of, or what I shouldn’t buy anymore since I haven’t touched the item so clearly I’m not that interested in eating it. Maybe this is just me being OCD but it has really helped me so far with not wasting food.

Well that is pretty much all that I have to report. I worked from 8am-5p.m. I dropped off some packages for work at Fedex box. I got home and paid the Verizon bill and Helzberg bill (I’m paying my fiance’s bills while he is in Cali-but he already signed the checks from his account. I’m just filling in the numbers and putting them in the mail lol. I did two loads of laundry, worked out at the gym in the apartment complex (can’t beat free-and the gym is EXTREMELY nice as far as apartment complex gyms go. Then I came home, showered, (in case you were wondering lol) and had spaghetti for dinner. I topped off the night with a little bit of coffee icecream. Well that’s about it.

Time for bed! I can’t wait until Friday to get my first paycheck from work :) ALSO totally random and not previously mentioned in the blog but I thought I lost my fiances' garmin-or that it had fallen out of the truck-but I found it today! I was already researching the prices for a new one online. I spent the past two weeks freaking out about it. It was exactly where I thought it would be. I just did panic searching last time-aka tear apart the car frantically looking for it to no avail...even though it was right in front of my face all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment