Monday, September 12, 2011

Carrot sticks, hummus, and my week in review

I find it funny that I get upset when some of my favorite personal finance blogs that I like to read don’t get updated on a day to day basis. Then I look at my blog and I feel ashamed. I don’t know what it is about not updating. I LOVE to talk about myself on a day to day basis with others. Ok, that came off a little narcissistic. What I meant to say is that I am pretty much an open book with my life and I don’t have too many topics that I keep off limits from others. Now with that being said I am going to make it my goal to bring more of myself into this blog. One of the things that I love about the PF blogworld is the absolute openness that people share with complete strangers. I can’t really think of another situation (unless it was your husband/fiancé /boyfriend or best friend) where you would discuss the nitty gritty details of personal finance. I love reading about other people’s lives and day to day updates. Hopefully my blog can one day reflect that.

Alright now let’s see I last left off on Tuesday. I’m going to do a quick update for the rest of the week and then we will be fresh to start again tonight (Monday night).

Wednesday-First day on the job. I woke up early, got ready, made my coffee (which was a story in itself) made my lunch (my lunch breaks are in-office so I can be there to answer the phones) and then I was on my way. Work went well that day. I learned a little bit about the office and by the end of the day I was already creating new files for contracts for clients. I went home and worked out at the gym at the clubhouse (apartment complex’s gym) and then made rice for dinner. I definitely need to add a protein with my dinner next time if I’m working out.

Thursday-Thursday was extremely similar to Wednesday. Work from 8-5. I got home and made dinner. I had a very low key night. I didn’t end up working out.

Friday-Work from 8-12-(We close at noon on Fridays). After work I dropped off my hours at the employment agency. I rewarded myself with a chicken burrito from Chipotle for lunch since it was my first week of work. Total cost: 6.85. I went home and enjoyed my burrito, drank a beer (because I’m 23 and I could lol) and watched some tv. I got a text from my apartment complex friend asking if I wanted to go to a wine tasting with her that night at 6. The wine tasting was Austrian wine…very interesting. It was the first time that I drank wine without getting a pounding headache. I purchased a bottle of beck bergenlund for around 20 dollars. I have to look at the receipt. After that my friend treated me to frozen yogurt since I drove. Don’t worry-we waited about 2 hours before I drove home and we probably drank the equivalent of one glass of wine with all the samplings combined. Drinking and driving is not something that I take lightly, seeing as my aunt passed away from a drunk driver. I went home that night and watched a bit of tv and called it a night.

Saturday-LAZY Day! I didn’t do anything for most of the day-just bummed around the house. I went to the store around 8 at night and spent 104.00 in groceries and cleaning supplies. I saved 25 dollars with the store card and coupons that I had clipped.

Sunday-Went to church and went to the mall and purchased a couple of shirts that I was in desperate need of for work. I made banana nut muffins to have for breakfast- and I cut up carrots into carrot sticks to go with the vegetable dip that I purchased. I just need to toast my bagel in the morning and make my bagel sandwich for lunch. I also purchased hummus and pita chips but I think that I will bring some of those on a different day.

Alright-I need to be up in a couple of hours so I’m calling it a night. Tomorrow I will tell you about my receipt strategy when it comes to my food. Lol. I guess its just my OCD showing through! I will also list prices for my clothes and maybe some pictures of my new shirts if you are interested. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment