Monday, August 29, 2011

I guess I shouldn't have been so hard on myself.

On August 17th I wrote about how much trouble I was having with job searching. I honestly was starting to feel really depressed and worried. I guess I didn't need to be so hard on myself because by August 22nd I had an interview set up with a lawfirm here in Fayetteville!

The interview went well but I'm not sure if I'm qualified for the job or not. To be honest-it seemed a little scary to me. A LOT of responsibility. Now, generally that is not something that I shy away from but I'm not sure if I have the experience needed or not. I've decided to go with the mindset of whatever happens-happens. I should find out by the end of this week. Again, I'm not exactly holding my breath on this job-so in the meantime I'm going to keep up the job hunt and continue to apply for jobs.

I need to learn to stop being so hard on myself sometimes. According to the fiance the people in his unit were shocked to learn that I had an interview lined up after only one week of job searching. Apparently that's very rare and usually unheard of. He said that most of their wives searched for a month or two before even landing an interview. I think that I need to start giving myself more credit. Yes, I feel like a loser for not having a job right now but hopefully that will change soon.

It's been very interesting adjusting to life here. So far I only know one other girl who is the girlfriend of my fiance's friend. They both live in the same apartment complex as us. I haven't hung out with her one on one though yet. Good news though! The auto shop called me this morning and the jetta is finally ready to be picked up. FREEDOM! lol. I will be able to go and get things done if I have to go anywhere. It's going to be a nice feeling. Maybe it's a good thing that I didn't have a job yet because it would be very difficult if we had been maneuvering with 1 car. That would have meant that I would have to drive him to work at 4:45 every morning. Pass. lol

Well that's pretty much it for now. On the financial side of things I haven't really been spending any money. I spent 22.55 for my prescription yesterday and I made a 90.00 payment to my credit card. The first thing that I do once I get a job (God willing) is to pay off that darn credit card once and for all! Then saving for the wedding while trying to make large payments on my student loans. I don't want them plaguing me for the rest of my life!

Well I'm off to read some PF blogs and then do some more cleaning..bathrooms..ugh! And I have to remind myself to remind the fiance that when he drops chips on the rug...PICK THEM UP! Grr. It's amazing how anal I have become about cleaning. I shudder to imagine how he kept the apartment on a day to day basis lol.

Ta ta for now!
-Smart Sorority Girl

1 comment: