Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Job Searching Woes

Alright-Let's be honest here. Technically I have only been really job searching for four days. I moved to Fayetteville on the 28th and I didn't actively start searching for jobs until last Wednesday when my fiance went back to work after his extended vacation time. I know, I know I guess I should be writing this post if it had already been two months of job searching. I just never realized how difficult it is to find jobs online. As bad as it sounds most of the jobs that I have held had basically been handed to me. A quick phone call and I usually had a job. Granted, these were minimum wage non-professional jobs-but still.

When I was applying for internships out of the ten that I applied for I received 7 interviews. Out of the four interviews that I actually went to I received three internship offers. (Side note-I would have gone to all of the interviews but you had to make a decision of whether or not you were going to intern at a firm within 24 hours of receiving an offer) So...maybe I'm just not used to struggling for jobs. I'm an extremely hard worker so please don't think that I'm slacking. I'm really not. It just seems like firms and companies advertise on five different websites for the same exact job. So I see a job advertisement and I click on it and it turns out that I had already applied for it an hour ago. Sigh. I am not going to give up my search. It just doesn't help that 75% of the jobs for firms aren't advertised on websites-it's more of a "who do you know" kind of deal.

Oh well. Maybe I just feel a little down today. The fiance is on 24 hour staff duty so I probably won't see him until tomorrow night. :( But I'm not here for a pity party. :) Tomorrow is a new day to search for jobs. :) Tonight-I'm going to stop thinking about jobs and just relax, watch some tv, and catch up on much needed pf blog posts. :)

1 comment:

  1. Give it some time! What brought you to Fayetteville? I used to call that town home.

    ReplyDelete