Tuesday, August 16, 2011

20 days in North Carolina

Wow. It is so hard to believe that I have been in North Carolina for twenty days. Time has definitely been flying. It is amazing how fast I have adjusted to living with my fiance. It's kind of crazy because for over a year we only saw each other once a month. So far-fingers crossed-we haven't had a single fight. To be honest with you, we actually have never had a fight-ever. We have never yelled at each other. Yes, we've had moments where one of us might have annoyed the other, but that usually lasts for less than 10 minutes. Hopefully, things will continue in the same way.

He will be leaving for training for a month. It's definitely going to be a little hard for me. I'm just finally getting to live with him and then he will be leaving. He is also going to be deploying for nine months soon. It's just something that I have to deal with it. I don't have trouble accepting it, I just hope that I won't be lonely.

On the job front I haven't found a job yet. It's been less than a month and I have only been searching for a job for a little over a week so I don't think it's completely hopeless yet lol. It's really interesting because I stressed for months upon months upon months about finances. At first I thought I was going to feel absolutely miserable with the fact that my fiance would be paying for everything until I land a job minus my credit card bill. However, so far it hasn't been an issue. Please do not think that I'm viewing the fiance as a sugar daddy. I have ever intention of paying my way and my bills once I get a job. This is just temporary until I land on my feet.

We are down to one car at the moment because his car, which will be my car, is in the shop. A month ago he was in a car accident, but he was not the one that caused the accident. The car will probably be ready midsteptember. So as it is, I don't really go anywhere during the day. I stay in the apartment for the most part. Again, I don't feel like I'm trapped. There is a pool and a gym at the apartment complex but I havent used it yet. I spend the majority of my day job searching, updating cover letters, and sending out my resume. I by no means feel like he is keeping me prisoner at the apartment. I have the option of driving him to work but 4:30 am -not my cup of tea. Once I get a job-fingers crossed-then if he is gone in September I'll drive his truck-if I get the job before the end of september we will rent a car. He gets 30 days free rental. At the moment I don't think it's necessary to use the rental car unless my job status changes.

On the financial aspect I haven't spent any money minus my credit card bill. I just really really really want a job! Wish me luck on the continued job search! I hope all is going well with everyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment