Sunday, February 27, 2011

Money in and Money out.

Hey look! It's Sunday and I'm actually updating? Gasp! First off, I can't believe that I have four people following this blog! That's super exciting! Thank you for taking the time to read about little ole' me. :) I think the above image perfectly sums up my spending for the weekend.

I got asked to work on Friday which I was super happy about, so I actually got some income this week! I'm almost excited to start working again...sad I know. In other news, I haven't started my internship yet. I hope I'll hear back from them soon with the go ahead. I picked up my newly hemmed pants from the tailors so I'm all set. Just waiting for that email....

Alright, here is how my week went Wednesday-Sunday since I posted earlier this week.

Wednesday- diet coke and pop tarts from the vending machine at school- 3.50-super healthy...I know.

Thursday-no spend

Friday- large french vanilla coffee with just cream from dunkin donuts-2.35-but I had a gift card! yay! Also, I made 115 dollars working the coat room at work from 5:30-11:30 p.m. Yay!!!!

Saturday- Saturday was expensive!
I picked up 3 pairs of pants (black and gray) if you are curious-1 black and 2 gray if you are super curious-from the tailors. The total cost for the dress pants from Express (if you are super super curious :p ) was 21 dollars. That was actually super reasonable with the pants hemmed at 7 dollars a pair. Especially considering that I am short it is a necessary investment.

After the tailors I went to the grocery store to pick up ingredients for baking to send my belated Valentine's Day gift to the fiance. OOPS! However, in my defense he hasn't even bought me anything yet. lol. And no..he isn't a cheapskate or not thoughtful-he basically has no life/time-since he usually works 6 days a week, and he leaves his house at 5 a.m and doesn't usually get home until 8 p.m. or later. Usually on Saturdays he has to do SDO for his unit-which means that he needs to stay on duty for 24 hours straight without sleeping. I'm a very understanding fiancee. lol.

Ok, so the store. Well I was actually proud of myself. I fought the brand name monster for the most part and tried to buy mostly store brand ingredients. Go me! I also stuck to my list for the most part and only added 3 other things. Here's what I bought in case you are interested. All I know is that it is Sunday and I have a Civil Law midterm on Tuesday, and I'm procrastinating by dragging out this post for as long as possible. :)

1 loaf of French bread @.79- this wasn't on the list
1 package of butter @ 3.00
1 Mild Cheddar Cheese block @2.00-also not on the list
1 set of 3 disposable 8x8 pans- @1.25
1 box of Keebler Club Select Crackers @3.29-ok..so I got a craving for cheese & crackers...
1 12 oz bag of store brand semi-sweet chocolate chips-@ 2.28
1 12 oz bag of Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips @ 2.99- (decided to compare the two to see if there is a difference or not)
2 oz of Folger's instant coffee @ 2.99
1 7oz of Marshmallow Fluff @ 1.49
1 8oz of heavy whipping cream @1.75
Tax: .99 cents-ugh!
Total: 22.77

Oh yeah- I got a 3 dollar pinecone research check in the mail too on Saturday-so Saturday wasn't a total loss!

Not too bad actually! I'm proud of myself for sticking to a list for the most part and buying ALMOST everything that I could generic. So what am I making for my sexy fiance?

-Cappuccino fudge and chocolate chip peanut butter muffins. I thought that they would be good items to ship since I'm in Illinois and they have to get sent to North Carolina. I'll post some pictures when I'm done if my baking comes out right!

So total spent on Saturday- 43.77-sigh. He's worth it.

And no spend today!
Have a good rest of the weekend everyone! How was your spending for the week? Any interesting purchases? I'd love to hear from you!

-Smart Sorority Girl
...(although looking at my Swagbucks counter-I'm pretty sure that you figured out that my first name is Lauren....

No comments:

Post a Comment