Sunday, February 20, 2011

North Carolina on my mind...and some other things that have been happening lately.


Well...I just got home from North Carolina. I left on Thursday and came home this morning. Short trip but it was great to see the fiance. I'm really blessed to have such wonderful parents because they paid for half of the ticket and my fiance paid for the other half. Although I told them to count it as my President's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, and my Birthday gift. Just kidding about the other three holidays. :) I flew into Fayetteville on Thursday and we went down to Raleigh overnight and a explored a little which was fun. The college campus that we visited near downtown Raleigh made both of us a little jealous. lol. The weather was fabulous and I was wearing dresses and shorts all weekend. I can't tell you how much fun it was to return to freezing cold rain in Chicago. :p. Ah well, such is life.

Aside from my weekend my internship process went extremely well. I applied for nine positions. I was asked for seven interviews. Out of the seven I went to four of them. Out of the four of them I received three offers. I made my decision to intern at a firm where they seemed the most willing to teach me and they appear to want me to succeed. It's definitely going to be a challenging and they aren't messing around. I'm actually kind of scared. However, I need to get out of my comfort zone so this will probably be all for the best. I would have gone to the rest of my interviews, but as soon as you make a decision you need to cancel all the rest. Which makes sense to me.

Here is what I spent this week to the best of my knowledge:

Monday- No Spend
Tuesday-Coffee- 2.32
Wednesday-Coffee 2.32/Walgreens- 17.49-cheap sunglasses/sunscreen/razors/mentos
Thursday- 8.49 at airport-chicken burrito and large diet pepsi-and when I mean large-it was freaking huge! I feel kind of bad though because I didn't finish my burrito and ended up throwing it away. I wasn't feeling good for some reason that day-maybe the stress from flying. I don't get scared to fly-it's just stressful making sure that they don't lose your luggage-etc. Which incidentally, I thought had happened to me because they had to do a gateside luggage check and when the conveyor belt didn't have my suitcase on it in Fayetteville after having gone from Chicago-Charlotte, NC-Fayetteville-I almost freaked out. Luckily, it had come in on an earlier flight and was waiting in the office. Thank God!
Friday-no spend
Saturday-breakfast for 2- 10.59
Sunday-coffee-2.32

Well that was my week! A little pricier than usual but I made ten dollars in paypal from Swagbucks this week and I got a ten dollar deposit from half.com. Every dollar counts!

I hope everyone had a good weekend! I'm going to throw out a question for the first time ever-
What do you do online to make money? I use half.com to sell books, pinecone research, and swagbucks. Any suggestions? I don't mind tedious surveys, etc. as long as they actually pay. Thanks in advance if you answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment