Monday, March 7, 2011

How can I justify it?

Right now my credit card balance stands at Current Balance $1,649.80. At 0% APR for I think until August. I know for a lot of people that seems incredibly low but I still have around 40,000 in student loans that will be entering into payment in the upcoming months.

I've paid more than the minimum balance every month but I just want this debt to disappear! I've spent almost no money since I stopped working in October to focus on school. The only money that I really spend during the week is to get coffee in the morning on the days that I have school-which comes up to around five dollars a week.

I don't know...even when I spend that money I feel kind of bad. I know that if the debt got called in right this very moment, I wouldn't have the 1600 I need to pay it off. How can you feel like you have money when technically you have negative money??

On the bright side I got called in as a substitute receptionist at the country club that I work at during the year on Saturday. I guess I didn't mess up because they asked me to come in on Sunday as well. I made 130 dollars in two days. Again, for people with full time jobs this is probably a joke but for me it is so nice to get some type of income.

To my name, I probably have around 800-900 dollars right now-I know for a fact that I have 300 in my checking account, 70 in my savings account-the 130 I made this weekend-the 115 I made last weekend-and then the rest is in cash at home. I also have 20 dollars in my paypal account.

I just want to finish school with honors, start/complete my internship, get a paying job, and pay off my debt. I don't really have dreams of buying all the clothes I can get my hands on as soon as I get a job. I want to pay off my credit card debt, pay off my student loans, start saving for my wedding that is in 2-3 years, and go from there. Obviously my loans won't be paid off before the wedding, but a girl can dream right?

I'm just so stressed all of the time and so obsessed with money. It keeps me up at night. That 1600 debt that I know a lot of people with their real jobs could pay off in one month-keeps me up at night.

I want a job and I want to pay my debt off. Not to mention it would be nice to be able to figure out my life for these upcoming months since my fiance is going to be deployed at the beginning of next year, and with that comes a lot of stress, decisions, and unanswered questions. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I totally hear you about being obsessed with money. I feel the same way. I think about it multiple times a day. I spend hours on end looking at our budget trying to come up with a way to pay things off faster.

    Have faith that it will all work out. You are on a good path and making progress. You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete