Sunday, January 8, 2012

Notice anything different?

Let's organize this blog post by categories of my choosing...shall we?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                       Aesthetics
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I decided to hop on the personal finance bandwagon and change my blog around. I'm talking big changes folks ya'll should be impressed. Sorry, my short stay in Chicago couldn't erase the Southernisms that I have been acquiring since moving to North Carolina. Anyway, the big changes are the color- from red to teal and something else...did you notice? I changed the type of font for the title of my blog....big changes. 

Ok...more like baby steps...but hey...it's a start. Right? Well, I'm just going to pretend that you agree with me. I changed the color from red to teal for two reasons. 1. It is much easier on the eyes. I'm serious I feel so much more relaxed when I look at the blog. 2. This blog will no longer make you hungry. You are welcome. Research shows (unproven and probably not legitimate research) that the color red stimulates hunger and the color blue makes you not hungry. I blame my mom for painting her kitchen red...although it also could have been that I'd watch tv in the kitchen and just make snacks since they were at hand's reach...but that's beside the fact. Anyway, what I mean to say is...you are welcome. Ok...next category let's press on. (I feel like a British tour guide)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Work
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My contract with the employment agency ended January 31, 2011. I have now been officially hired with the law firm that I have been at since September of this year! I got an increase in pay as well-2 dollars more an hour! I'm pretty happy. I know that I probably could have negotiated for more but that is the amount my boss threw out so I accepted it. Also, with the new loan processor working at the firm I'm doing a lot less work...which I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. It's nice to have some stress taken off of me, but in the same way I feel like I'm losing my skills as a paralegal. Maybe I can take some CLE classes? We'll see. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Social Life
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pretty much nonexistent except for when I go out with the LT (hubby) and the other LT's and their wives. I've only made a couple of friends since moving down here but hopefully I'll still make some more. There is one girl that I really like so maybe I can start to hang out with her a little more?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal Life
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S deploys in 17 days for at least nine months...umm..yeah not looking forward to that too much but it is what it is. I've just been trying to spend time with him and keep things as normal as possible.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finances
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Christmas was brutal in terms of spending. I am going to try the Eboo's method of saving a dollar a week and then subsequently that amount to the previous weeks. Maybe I wouldn't have been charging everything onto a credit card if I had planned better. I also need to save money to send care packages when S is gone. Ok...I might update this post later with more information but I'm going to take a break from typing for now.

4 comments:

  1. Your blog looks great! Congrats on the pay increase too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for raises! I might get one this month. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I was very excited to get the small raise. It makes me feel like my efforts are actually worth it. :) Thanks for the comments! They make me so happy!

    ReplyDelete