Friday, January 20, 2012

And some days you forget to put cream in your coffee...

Literally. This week has been stressful and emotionally exhausting. I think in the past five days my husband and I have spent one hour a day together while we were awake. There have been some issues with my husband's unit and it's been causing him to come home as late as 11 o'clock at night. And added to the fact that he is leaving in the next week from now (more or less) it hasn't been good. My husband is leaving before everyone else in his unit so the other people have more time. On Thursday the commander sent out an email saying that they were going to require everyone in the unit to come in on Saturday morning. I was of course sad to read that but that was barely any reaction compared to what others had. Yes, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, but hell definitely hath no fury like an army wife. Apparently right after that message was sent half of the wives called/emailed the place where you make complaints. (I'm still new to the ins and outs of the army). It looks like Saturday morning training will be cancelled. :p I guess that I am just glad that this week is almost over. I'm well aware of army life, but the thing is-most units aren't run like my husband's. My friend's husband is home everyday before 5 o'clock. Granted, he isn't second in command like my husband, but there should be no reason to be pulling 17 hour days...it's a little extreme if you ask me.

Anyway, this is our last weekend together so I hope that we are able to relax and enjoy some MUCH needed quality time together. I get paid today but I didn't work two full 40 hour weeks so it will be a little less. However, when I get out of work at 2 (Fridays we leave early) I will go to the bank that is conveniently down the road, and deposit it. I'm planning on getting a much needed haircut today (haven't had one since...June? I think..oops! I also need to pick up stamps and figure out dinner for tonight. Any ideas? Keep in mind hubby won't be home until probably nine at the earliest.

What's everyone else's weekend plans? Anything fun? Exciting? Or just cleaning/laundry/organizing? I'd love to know!

2 comments: