Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Closing my eyes and taking a huge leap...or how I decided to action against my credit card debt.

I made a very large payment to my credit card today. The largest that I have ever made. It freaks me out a little. Ok...it freaks me out a lot. The payment consisted of most of the money that I have made since starting my job. I don't know if this was a smart or stupid thing to do. I just felt like it was impossible to get my balance down by just paying a hundred or two hundred dollars a month. It seems like every month I am right back to where I started.

My balance for my credit card is...$2,277.15
I paid...1,300.99

A LOT. And letting my calculator due the simple third grade math....
This brings me down to 976.16.

This will be the first time that it is under 1,000 ever. I did a balance transfer back in August 2010. My card has never been below 1,000.

This is my chance to break free. I just can't fall back into a trap. Christmas is fast approaching and my loans start repayment in December. I NEED to get this credit card paid off to free it up for loan payments. I just hope that I will be able to get there.

I took a huge leap today. I just hope it wasn't into a bottomless pit.

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a big payment! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's great! Free yourself of this before your loans kick in. Go for a small Christmas, I don't think you'll regret it!

    ReplyDelete