Thursday, October 27, 2011

Maybe I shouldn't be so quick to judge....

....In reference to the above mentioned matter, lol I need to stop writing letters to clients...ha ha.


Ok if you are familiar with the PF blog world there is a blogger out there that you keep visiting their blog even though they drive you crazy when it comes to their finances. Seriously...I relate it to the container of coffee haagen daz in the freezer-you know it's bad for you but you keep coming back to it and can't wait to take another bite out of it. In this case- I'm talking about that blog. The blogger is notorious for spending extreme amounts of money and then spends a long blog post trying to justify it. One example...birthdays. Now the blogger mentions that she/he/it (I'm keeping things anonymous out of respect for the blogger) is planning to spend around $300-400 for an upcoming birthday.




I was also one of the many that read his post and thought that she/he/it was crazy. And then...I bought stuff for S's birthday. Did I spend too much? Yes. Do I regret it? Only slightly.



S does A LOT for me. Right now he pays rent and most of the bills. He gave me his car to drive when I moved down here. He pays for groceries and almost all the dinners we have out. He spends a ton of money on me. Yes, yes I know we are going to be married soon and all that..but he does a lot for me and never asks for anything in return. Just recently he paid $500 for us to fly out to Chicago for MY friend's wedding. We are splitting the plane tickets for Thanksgiving, but that is the kind of guy that he is. I was the one that actually mentioned that I wanted to start paying bills and help out with costs now that I am working. This month I paid the cable bill which was around 113 for cable, phone, and internet.

Anyway, I spent a good amount this month. Can I justify it? Guilty as charged. He loved his presents and had a great birthday. That's all that matters to me in the end. Since this is a PF blog I'll be honest with what I spent. Feel free to comment about my overspending. I deserve it.

American Eagle- 5 shirts/sweaters-
$174.14
Best Buy- Season 5 & 6 of Always Sunny in Philadelphia -$37.43
Hallmark- 7.09- card and gift bag
Rite Aid- 2.97- tissue paper
Food Lion-20.28-candles, chocolate cheesecake, and pop

Total: $241.91

It was a lot...I know. But I'm just going to be more frugal this month. I've come up with a tentative budget and I'm going to post it soon. Good night blog world.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're fine! I'm guilty of spending way too much on presents also.

    ReplyDelete