Saturday, October 22, 2011

Where am I at?

Well I've put my student loans out for the world to see so now I am going to show you what really matters-the money. My checking accounts, savings accounts, and my debt which is as up to date as it can get.

Let's get the Ugly part out of the way:

CREDIT CARDS

The first number is the amount owed-the second is my credit limit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Discover Card: $1,783.32/4,400
First Financial Bank: 0/3,750
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bank 1 (Not actual name of bank)

Checking account 1:
$110.75
Checking account 2:
$437.77
Savings account: -70ish not very sure about the exact amount since I don't have online access to it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bank 2

Checking account: $1,498.03
Savings account: $20

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok... I'm going to take Mysti's from Digging Out from Our Mess, idea and do a GBU- Good, Bad, and Ugly

GOOD

* Everything added up I have $2136.55. Now it's not a lot granted but I only make 1224 a month right now after taxes. The good thing about it is if I had to...like if my credit card became instantly due I would be able to pay it off immediately in its entirety...after completely draining my bank accounts lol.

*Another good thing. It's not usually good to have a credit card balance but if you do most people say that you should only carry about a 1/3 of the credit limit as a balance. Right now I am only a couple hundred dollars off that mark. 1/3 of my account would be 1466. I am 339 dollars off from that mark.

* My credit score is 770.

BAD
* The fact that I have any credit debt at all

UGLY
* I need to create a 1,000 emergency fund, followed by 6 months of expenses. I really want to work on saving money and paying off my credit card. My credit card payments will be able to go towards my student loans and savings. My goal is to pay off my loans a lot faster than scheduled.

Well I put everything out there. How about everyone else...where are you at if you don't mind me asking? I love hearing about how everyone else is doing good or bad. If it's bad...you can only go up from where you are at.. :) and if it's good then you should be proud of what you have accomplished :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I'm doing ok. I wish I didn't have any debt at all, or at least no car or student loan debt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought about switching from shopping at VS to a different store? I've been able to find really cute underwear at K-Mart and less expensive stores like Joyce Leslie, etc! Not sure how the fit would be, but it's worth a shot. I did a post on this - if you search on my site for "underwear" you'll find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is where I am at

    ---About $34K remaining on my debt (Started with $105K four years ago)
    ---About $2000 in savings for $1000 Efund & Sinking funds.
    ---About $300 in my eBay checking account. this is to be reinvested to make more money that will eventually go towards my student loan.

    I have followed the baby steps for the Total Money Makeover since 2007. You may look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments everyone! It's so exciting to see that people actually read what I write once in a while :)

    @ Michelle- I can't wait for the day that I pay off my discover card (hopefully soon now that I have a job) and IF I use the card I'll be able to pay off the balance in full every month. The student loans will be hanging around for a while.

    @The Girl Next Door- Thanks for the suggestion. I usually like to shop at Frederick's of Hollywood but they don't have any of those near me. I kind of run into problems when it comes to trying on lingerie that actually fits me. I tried on some cute things at Kohls and the outfit literally slid off of my body. It's not always fun being 23 and looking like you are 15. Sigh. I am going to try some places like Marshalls or TJ Maxx when I have the chance.

    @ifiwereawealthygirl- Thanks for the comment and thank you for sharing where you are at financially. That's very brave of you. I'm aware of TMMO and I plan on utilizing it. I'm one of those people that need instant gratification for paying off smaller amounts faster versus looking at interest rates. :)

    ReplyDelete