Saturday, January 8, 2011

Week in review Jan 2-8


Sunday
$25 Baggage Check
$15ish- BBQ Chicken Pizza and Diet Coke

Monday
No Spend

Tuesday
No Spend

Wednesday
$2.72 -grande coffee with shot of peppermint from Starbucks

Thursday
No Spend

Friday
$2.72 -grande coffee with shot of peppermint from Starbucks

Saturday
No Spend

I'm going to come back later and explain my purchases that I made. First though, I am going to check my grades and check out some new PF blogs that have caught my eye.

Edit: Well it's Sunday night and I told myself that I would come back on Saturday and update. Did I? Ha ha...no. God I really need to stop procrastinating. Anyway, I'm sure there might be a lot of people that might say "Sorority Girl why are you spending money at Starbucks when Dunkin Donuts is cheaper...or better yet you could make your own?!" Well bloggers...the reason behind this is that on Wednesday/Friday I have class downtown at 9am. What time do I get downtown? 6:30 a.m. I leave the house with my dad at 5:30am, drive with him to the L station that is by his work, hop on the train, and get downtown by 6:30.

What's open downtown when it is still dark out...not much. However, Starbucks is open and it's safer than the shady Dunkin' Donuts that is down the block. Don't get me wrong, I love Dunkin Donuts. In fact, I love it more than Starbucks...but since it's dark and creepy downtown in the morning, I stick with Starbucks. At first I just got plain coffee but it was making me sick, so for a while I was getting the *gulp* specialty drinks, my favorite being the peppermint mocha. Those drinks easily cost close to five dollars. Ugh! Finally though, I had a revelation. Plain coffee with a shot of peppermint syrup! It does the job, doesn't make me feel sick, and it's under 3 dollars...which for Starbucks is a miracle!

The semester ends on Wednesday though, so I don't start school back up until Jan 24-and I will be going Tuesdays/Wednesdays then. Same bat channel and same bat time though. Besides that though, I don't usually spend any other money downtown unless I get desperately hungry. However, that doesn't usually happen since the coffee usually fills me up for most of the day. Alright, back to exploring new PF blogs. New ones that I have never seen seem to be coming out of the wood works these days. Love it!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm following you now :) Can't wait to see more posts.

    PS I was in a sorority too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Who knew coffee with a flavor shot instead of the flavored coffee drink was such a serious Starbucks hack? Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete