Monday, January 17, 2011

It's update Monday! Jan 9-17




It's update Monday! Happy MLK day! I hope all of the federal employees and school teachers/students are enjoying their day off! Both of my parents are sitting downstairs so they must be happy. Although my mom is working on bills for the Daycare Program at her school, but I digress. For me, MLK day is not just a reminder of Civil Rights but it is also a reminder to NEVER let anyone stop you from accomplishing your dreams. This applies to any part of your life.

Alright, enough with trying to inspire everyone. I was supposed to post an update on Sunday because as much as I tell myself to try to post everyday, I know that it won't happen. However, my fiance came into Chicago this weekend so I was a little preoccupied. Anyway, I don't even really want to post what I spent this week because it just makes me mad with myself. But...wow I can't believe I'm starting off my sentence with a but (way to go English major...sigh). Ok. However, the point of this blog is to keep myself accountable and so that is what I am going to do.

JANUARY 9
Dunkin Donuts- medium french vanilla coffee with just cream-2-3 dollars. Definitely under 3-I need to find the receipt. oops.

JANUARY 10
NO SPEND!

JANUARY 11
Copies for final assignment @ library-1.40
Grocery Store-43.92

JANUARY 12
Starbucks- grande peppermint coffee-2.32
Pizano's- medium cheese pizza and 1 goose island- $25

JANUARY 13
NO SPEND

JANUARY 14
NO SPEND!

JANUARY 15
Beer at Bar-12.50- I bought a round for three people, had another beer, and tip

JANUARY 16
Breakfast for two and tip- 28.89

Needless to say...my goal is to not spend a dime this week. That won't be hard to do because I have no plans, no school, and I need to get my resume and cover letters ready for my internship program that I will be starting soon.

Oh God..I just did a calculated guesstimate and I spent 117 dollars in 8 days. Have I forgotten that I'm not working? Well...I should be getting some money back from going grocery shopping because I baked homemade cookies for my sister to bring to her boyfriend's mom house since she well...is kind of incompetent when it comes to cooking and baking. lol. She said that she would pay for the ingredients and I bought some groceries that my parents told me to pick up. So, we'll see. I just need to remember that because I have no income next to nothing should be coming out of my wallet. I have a credit card to pay and I need to remember that.

I do have some savings though so I'm not completely destitute. I can't wait to finish my paralegal program and get a paying job. My parents told me that they didn't want me to work while I was doing the program. It's frustrating since I'd rather be working but I guess I respect their opinion. I know this blog is kind of boring since I'm not really working right now and I'm just considered a student. I can't wait for the day when I can make budgets, pay off student loans, and save for retirement and children's futures. I don't ever want my children to have to deal with student loans. Alright...off to read some PF blogs. I've been trying to come out of my shell and comment on people's blogs. I know how much I love it when people comment on mine! Thanks Lorelei: in the Red for visiting my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out! I've been lurking for years without blogging too.
    My parents had the same deal with me, no working while studying in undergrad. Now I really resent that action. Right now I'm full-time in graduate school, where the coursework is much tougher, but I need the money from work. If I had been able to work and save earlier this wouldn't be a problem.

    ReplyDelete