Tuesday, June 14, 2011

We had the talk...kind of.


I'll be honest. I am extremely stressed about moving to North Carolina. I'm not scared because I'm leaving my friends and family, or because I'm going to a new state to live. I'm worried about finding a job. This weekend I told my fiance-face to face (He was in town for a wedding for our mutual friends) :) that I was probably moving down to North Carolina with around 400 in my bank account. He told me "You know I'll take care of you but you'll find a job-don't worry.

It was those words that actually helped. I guess I just need to realize that I might have to lean on him for support financially at first if I need to. He wants me down there. And don't get me wrong I want to be down there too but I almost wonder if it would be easier finding a job in North Carolina. He also told me he knows how independent I am and how much he knows that I wouldn't want to have to depend on him. I guess I finally need to accept this.

On the plus side he bought a used car this weekend, so now we will both have a car in North Carolina. I'll be driving his jetta but the car is an audi with a stick shift so I might just have to learn how to drive stick. :)

On the other side of things this weekend was EXPENSIVE. I had a bachelorette party, a bridal shower, and a wedding all in one weekend. And not one of those events were for the same couple. Sigh. I have another bachelorette party this weekend. I just wish that I had the money to where I could be enjoying these events with my best friends and not stressing over them or wishing that I could avoid them at all costs. :( I feel so poor for the first time in my life and I hate it.) I guess poor is the wrong word to use but for the first time in my life I have to tell myself things like I can't afford it. My summer job in the past always made me enough for me to get by, but now I only work 10 days this month. TEN! Gargh...but you know what..It's a means to an end. I'm leaving in July.

Tomorrow will be spent updating my resume and applying for jobs. I feel like such a broken record when I talk about my job search. However, now more than ever it is time for me to get serious.

Here were some of my costs for the weekend

Friday- Bachelorette Party
Limo-50
Bar Wristband which included all you could drink for 3 hours-25
Misc at bar/tips- 5

*That doesn't include 25 gift card as gift for victoria secrets that I purchased for bride to be-

Saturday

5 hour energy drinks-5
check for bride and groom-175
Hotel room-89
Tips for drinks-5

Sunday
Gas-25


Yeah...you do the math I feel too sick. The fiance is supposed to split the 175 check with me since we both are friends of the bride and groom. I wrote a check instead of him writing it because he doesn't have a bank in NC that he can cash checks at-they don't have his branch there-but...he forgot. Actually, he was a groomsman and was running around taking pictures with the bridal party, while I was checking into the hotel and writing out the check and signing the card. However, I am not concerned about that because seriously-he might be paying for me for everything if I don't find a job in NC right away.

Is it bad that I am DREADING this bachelorette party?
Dinner, portion of bride's dinner, drinks for her, drinks for me, gift for bride-Gosh. I love my friends but why do they have to all get married at once this summer. Sigh...I feel like a bad friend because I feel like I'm not contributing enough. :(

Oh well..that's enough out of me for tonight.

-Smart Sorority Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment