Monday, January 4, 2010

Somewhat unnecessary costs....

Well I didn't spend a lot of money this weekend..but there were some costs. Alright, so I'm 21 and up until this summer I have never driven on the expressway. Since then, I've driven on it a couple of times with my dad but not enough to feel comfortable. Anytime I needed to come home from school someone would come and pick me up. This is also because I've never had a car up at school until now. However, the position that I would be holding in the sorority would require a lot of travel around campus and town so I needed to get a car. Over the summer my dad bought me an amazing car-a 1966 mustang...and it is gorgeous and I love it. However, it is a 50 year old car...so there were some problems with it...as expected. So the entire semester went by, I held the position without the car, funnily enough, but now it's finally ready to go! Although...it's killer on gas...but I kind of expected that when we got it. Anyway, on Saturday I drove with my dad the route that I would take to get to school, got into town, filled up the gas tank...and drove home. Yes, I know it sounds ridiculous...but I have a lot of anxiety and I constantly worry about things. I've never gone to a doctor or anything for it, but I'm just a worrywart I guess. And getting hit by a semitruck on the way back from springbreak last year didn't help either. I'm feeling a lot better about driving now though. My mom also bought me a gps on Sunday so I won't have to worry about getting lost...which also causes me anxiety. I've got to tell you...if anybody actually reads this...it really sucks to be scared to drive places just because you've never been there. It's caused me to cancel a lot of plans in the past. Hopefully now that I have a gps and more experience on the expressway I'll finally have some more confidence in myself.
Well I filled up on gas..cost: 13.76
and then on the way back home my dad suggested that I take my car to get washed...in 20 degree weather (not sure what the exact temp was...but it was cold!) and so I spent 14.99 to have the interior and exterior cleaned...although i would have been all for just cleaning the outside of the car...but my dad said to get the inside done. Sigh. But he paid the tip at least :)
Total cost for the weekend: 13.76+14.99=28.75.

I think the reason that I'm freaking out about spending money is that I need to have the 300 set aside for rent...which isn't a problem and then $40 for an ipass, and gas! now that I'll be driving. I know that I'm ok with that aspect. What worries me is I need to find out what my interest is on my credit card when my next bill comes because my balance is going up daily it seems. I need to pay off this credit card ASAP! I'm taking all of the pinecone research checks that I've gotten in the past couple of months (I always forget to cash checks...oops) and put it all towards the credit card. I'm going to start making multiple payments during the month. I'm excited that school starts again this coming Monday. I'm taking 6 classes, 18 credit hours-and I'll also be working. Originally, I was going to only work 8-9 hours a week because my increase in my schedule. However, I'm just going to suck it up and go into work 10 hours a week...even if it means starting at 8am three days a week. I'm going to suck it up and be an adult. Alright...I feel a little better now. And I called the CC company to make sure that my payment went through today...and it did! One less thing to worry about! I can do this...I know I can!

1 comment:

  1. good luck :) love your post so far i will definitely be reading.

    way to nip your credit card in the bud!!!

    ReplyDelete