Wednesday, January 6, 2010

a small windfall and some good luck!

Alright...so it's a very small windfall, but it's still a windfall. Yesterday, I decided it was high time to return my netflix movie...that I've had since...gulp...before Thanksgiving...yes...you heard me right. I kept forgetting to return the movie. Even though, all it would have required was sticking it into my mailbox, but alas, I forgot until now. Or I would remember at 2 in the morning and that wasn't very helpful either. Anyway, I returned the movie yesterday-so that's one less thing to think about/worry over. Well the netflix movie was in my laptop case, and guess what I found in it....40 dollars! Yay! I'm going to earmark that money and use it to buy my I-Pass either tonight or tomorrow. So what was the good luck, you might be wondering? I found my glasses! They were in my laptop case as well, and here I had torn apart my room at the sorority house before I moved out looking for them! Well I have them now, so I'm happy and that's all that matters. That kind of sounded conceited. I didn't mean my happiness is the only thing that matters, I meant that it is one less thing to stress out over. As some [more like one :-) ] of you have probably figured out...I'm constantly stressed out. Almost 99% of the pressure I put on myself. My parents have always told me that they will be fine if I just pass a class in college, but with me, I demand A's for myself. I guess that's just how I am.

I checked and my loan disbursement money is expected to arrive on the 24th. That means that the school will take out whatever I owe for tuition and then probably a week or so after that the remainder will be deposited into my account. I hate having to use student loans from a private lender (Sallie Mae) but it's the only way I can pay for college. However, I have tried to be very smart about it. I only take out the amount of money that I need. I have never thought...hey! Look! Free money! Let's take out a couple extra thousand...I'll pay it off eventually. Believe me, I know much better than that...and after reading PF blogs...it's terrifying when they talk about their student loans. I'll have enough money to get me through the semester...and my job earns me about $320 a month. Yes, it's definitely not a lot...but I'm a full time student with 18 credit hours, and extremely involved in a service sorority that has somthing going on just about everyday. Last semester was in charge of recruitment and new member education, this semester I'm the secretary and in charge of everyone's grades, and I make sure that they are completing their study tables at the library every week. Also, I need to do at least 35 hours of community service a semester. It doesn't sound like alot of hours, but believe me...it adds up. Add into that studying, homework, and spending some time with the boyfriend. Thank god that he is just as busy as I am! In my last relationship-the guy didn't have a job, was taking 12 credit hours, was extremely lazy, had bad grades, and had no aspirations it seemed. My new relationship is amazing! He is smart (smarter than me), extremely athletic, romantic, sweet, sarcastic (which I love-I'm just as sarcastic), and we have a lot of the same interests. He really makes me feel good about myself and understands how busy I am, something that the other guy didn't. Well enough about my love life.

I'm going back to school on Saturday, which I am looking forward to. I got all of my books ordered yesterday, yay! God-I'm such a nerd! Tonight I'm going shopping with my mom to pick up a few things that I need to get before school starts again-contacts, etc. Alright, well I'm going to go. But I hope everyone is having a great day! I think that once I go back to work I'm going to start making separate things to save for. i.e-student loan pay back, emergency fund, and travel fund-more about the travel fund next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment