Monday, January 13, 2014

Why can't I seem to follow through?

I have a long history of not being able to follow through on personal goals. If I am involved with a group or if it was academic or work related I never quit. In fact, I have never quit a club, class, or job in my life. I have left jobs because I graduated or moved but I never quit. I feel like the same thing does not hold true in my personal life. I'll get motivated to work out and then I'll stop after a week. I'll tell myself that I'll do a load of laundry every single day-that lasts maybe two days. I'll tell myself to create a nightly face care routine-yep nope. I'll create this awesome, amazing daily routine to make myself more productive and yeah that rocket ship doesn't even launch for a test run. I'll buy a planner and swear that I will use it all the time. Or I'll get a 7 day calendar for the fridge so I can...meal plan! Yeah...right. Let's not even talk about this blog and my lack of updating. Why do I have such a hard time sticking to things? I wouldn't consider myself lazy I just have a hard time creating a habit, a routine. I have no problem with watching over 4-5 hours a tv a night but I can't find the time to take my clothes out of the dryer when the buzzer goes off? I've actually timed myself before and it take less than 15 minutes to fold and put away a load of clothes. Why is it so hard for me?

I'm trying to do better- I swear. During the past week before I would even allow myself to take off my shoes I would hang up my coat and spend 15 minutes straightening up. But here's the thing? Why should I have to be straightening up while my husband and I are gone all day. Why is it so hard to just put things away right away or clean up before heading to bed? I have to constantly remind myself that I have the same amount of hours as everyone else and when I see people that cook, clean, work, and take care of kids I wonder how do they do it? Well they probably don't watch 5 hours of tv every night and they probably prioritize. Maybe I just need to turn off the tv for at least an hour and be productive. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. These are very good questions and you are not alone as I have struggled with the same and then it piles up and I am spending hours on end getting everything cleaned up. I have started to make a more concerted to put things back in their place. This is huge. Also a weekly cleaning schedule is also good because it breaks up the tasks over the course of a week. You can google it and find great ones. The other thing is to do things on commercials while you're watching TV. Grab the laundry out of the dryer on commercial and then you can fold while you watch TV. Go and clean the toilet or the kitchen sink during a commercial and before you know it, several things are already done and you still get to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete